- Selective contrast enhancing filter, especially
- suitable for all reflector type telescopes and
- true Apochromates. (Economy refractor owners
- might consider the Contrast-Booster Filter
- instead, featuring an additional dielectric UVblocker,
- to eliminate the unfocused blue part of
- the spectrum.)
- Transmitts a maximum of light (– after all LIGHT
- is “the hottest commodity” in this astronomy
- business...), while blocking unwanted skyglow
- and many street light emissions.
- Especially effective on small economy telescopes
- which cannot benefit from expensive narrowband
- nebula filters due to the huge light-loss
- Unique selective blocking feature of the
- NEODYMIUM element greatly reduces glare,
- without reducing recognition of important color
- and brightness variations.
- Transmission within the selected wave bands
- exceeds 95%.
- Fits all standard filter threads,
- Longs to be combined with an UV/IR-Cut-Filter
- for all CCD and digital camera work.
- This combination works extremely well
- due to cutting all unfocused light – an absolute
- MUST for digital imaging.
- Planeoptically polished! Retains full image
- resolution – even at highest magnification, way
- above 200 times, or during eyepiece projection
- work – even in front of a binocular viewer.
- Ultrahard and durable Ion-beam hardened
- coatings, may be cleaned anytime without fear.
- No image degradation as with ”flame polished”
- Available in 11⁄4“ and 2“ size at very affordable
- Non-vignetting filter cells, larger in aperture than
- any competing design, featuring a CNC milled
- “crown” for ease of handling and attachment.